Grand Rapids, Mich., Oct. 2022- Zondervan, a division of HarperCollins Christian Publishing, announces the release of The NIV Telos Bible, developed in partnership with Feed, an initiative of OneHope.
“The Greek word telos means an ultimate object or aim. At OneHope, our ultimate aim is to equip the next generation with the Gospel in a way that empowers them to navigate the false narratives of their generation and apply biblical principles to the doubts and questions they wrestle with daily,” said OneHope President, Dr. Rob Hoskins. “We know that the Bible has the answers. But how will they know unless we teach it in a way that is relevant to them?”
Created to meet the spiritual needs of high school and college students, The NIV Telos Bible is designed to be contextually relevant and to challenge young adults to take a meaningful look at the Bible.
“Young people today face so many challenges that we, as adults, never faced growing up,” said Melinda Bouma, vice president and publisher of Bibles for Zondervan. “God’s Word provides guidance through any situation. By bringing it to young people, in a way that speaks directly to them, it is our hope that it will positively impact their lives, now and for years to come.”
The NIV Telos Bible features the exclusive Zondervan NIV Comfort Print® for smooth reading. Designed specifically to be used for the New International Version (NIV) text, Comfort Print offers an easier reading experience that complements the most widely read modern-English Bible translation.
• Full text of the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV)
• Book introductions outline the structure and important themes of each book of the Bible
• Infographics visually explain concepts throughout the text
• Icons indicate features in the margins that help you journey through Scripture, dig deeper, answer core questions, and lend cultural context to what you’re reading
• Reading tips help you get the most out of Scripture
• Study questions serve as journaling prompts
• Reading plans
• Two-color page design
• Blank space to draw or add notes throughout
• NIV dictionary-concordance
• Black letter edition
• 16 pages of full-color maps
• Satin ribbon marker
• Exclusive Zondervan NIV Comfort Print® typeface
• Print size: 8
Feed is an initiative of OneHope, beginning with a community of leaders and innovators working to answer the question, “How can youth ministry be improved?” Feed is a new way of thinking about youth ministry, specifically tailored to the unique characteristics and spiritual needs of today’s youth. Feed products are created to help engage the next generation with the Bible in a relevant way.
OneHope creates compelling programs that share God’s Word, offer hope and foster life change for the next generation around the world. Through collaboration with local churches and partners, OneHope’s mission is to see young people engage with the gospel in a way they can understand and that leads to a transformed life. Since 1987, more than 1.7 billion children and youth have received the gospel message through OneHope’s partnerships.