September 14, 2020 — The study Bible that launched the modern study Bible movement 35 years ago and that millions of readers have come to trust for more than three decades is now fully revised and updated with thousands of newly written or enhanced notes and articles combined with hundreds of four-color maps, charts, photos, and illustrations to create an entire library of contemporary study.
The stunning, full-color NIV Study Bible, Fully Revised Edition (Zondervan, 2020) answers your pressing questions about Scripture with just the right amount of information, placed in just the right location on the printed page. It features the exclusive NIV Comfort Print® typeface.
“Since 1985, this Bible has helped millions deepen their faith and understanding of God’s Word,” says Melinda Bouma, vice president and publisher of Zondervan Bibles. “In unique ways, both the revised and newly written notes as well as the implementation of our NIV Comfort Print typeface, make this edition the easiest to read and understand. Playing even the smallest part in this massive undertaking has been extremely rewarding.”
The new 2020 edition of the NIV Study Bible is the fifth and most comprehensive revision in the popular Bible’s history. A new editorial committee was assembled to accomplish the daunting task of revising the bestselling study Bible. Led by Dr. Kenneth Barker, who served as the general editor for the 1985 edition, the editorial team included respected biblical scholars Dr. Mark Strauss, Dr. Jeannine Brown, Dr. Craig Blomberg, and Dr. Michael Williams. The committee convened for seven week-long work sessions over the course of four years to painstakingly analyze, discuss, and improve every annotation, chart, article, and essay.
“My dreams and desires for this fully revised edition are that the Lord would use it to show how relevant, practical, and applicable his Word is to the lives of people today,” says Barker, general editor, NIV Study Bible.
With its decades-long legacy of helping readers grasp the Bible’s meaning, the new NIV Study Bible, Fully Revised Edition embodies the mission of the NIV translation to be an accurate, readable, and clear guide into Scripture.
The new edition features:
• Complete text of the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV)
• Over 21,000 bottom-of-the-page study notes, with icons to make important information easy to spot
• Over 125 topical articles, 16 pages of full-color maps, the Comprehensive NIV Concordance with nearly 4800 word entries, and a subject note index enable even deeper study
• Sixty-six book introductions and outlines along with six section introductions provide valuable background information for each book of the Bible
• In-text maps, charts, diagrams, and illustrations visually clarify the stories in the Bible
• Words of Jesus in red
• Exclusive Zondervan NIV Comfort Print typeface
• 9-point print size (standard size), 10.5-point print size (large print), 7.5-point print size (personal size)
Learn more about the NIV Study Bible, Fully Revised Edition.