Find freedom from life’s hurts, hang-ups, and habits
June 2021 – Zondervan, a division of HarperCollins Christian Publishing, is proud to announce the release of the NIV Celebrate Recovery Study Bible in Comfort Print®.
A biblically based program helping those struggling with addiction by showing them the loving power of Jesus Christ, Celebrate Recovery® was developed by John Baker and Rick Warren of Saddleback Church in 1991. Celebrating its 30th anniversary, the proven and successful Celebrate Recovery program is offered in thousands of churches and has impacted millions worldwide.
“With the continued rise of damaging addictions in our world today, Celebrate Recovery and its Christ-centered approach is desperately needed to help people within the church as well as outside the church deal with their struggles with hurt, pain, and addiction,” said John Raymond, vice president and publisher of HarperChristian Resources.
Based on eight recovery principles found in Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount and on the underlying Christ-centered, twelve step Celebrate Recovery program, the NIV Celebrate Recovery Study Bible serves as a powerful and positive ally for those on the journey toward recovery. It offers readers hope, encouragement, and, through developing a relationship with Jesus Christ, empowerment to rise above their struggles.
“The Celebrate Recovery program has changed many lives, and the specially developed study Bible leads people to recovery in Jesus,” said Melinda Bouma, vice president and publisher of Bibles for Zondervan. “We are honored to bring this edition into our proprietary NIV Comfort Print typeface, making it easier to read and engage with this important Bible.”
Now typeset in Zondervan’s exclusive Comfort Print® typeface, the NIV Celebrate Recovery Study Bible lifts readers up and shows them how to walk, step by attainable step, on a path of healing and liberty. Features include:
• The full text of the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV) translation
• Articles explain eight recovery principles and accompanying Christ-centered twelve steps
• Over 110 lessons unpack eight recovery principles in practical terms
• Recovery stories offer encouragement and hope
• 30 days of recovery-related readings
• Over 50 full-page biblical character studies are tied to stories from real-life people who have found peace and help with their own hurts, hang-ups, and habits
• Book introductions
• Side-column reference system keyed to Celebrate Recovery’s eight recovery principles
• Topical index
• Exclusive Zondervan NIV Comfort Print typeface
• 9-point print size
The NIV Celebrate Recovery Bible is available now:
9780310455257 NIV, Celebrate Recovery Study Bible, Paperback, Comfort Print, $24.99